Help With Cycling

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
You know when your tank is cycled when it can process 3ppm of ammonia in under 24 hours.

Nitrite and ammonia test kits are necessary, with nitrate also being preferable.

THIS is a good kit to use.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Agree with Blondie.

It's a few dollars more, but the API master test kit is the better choice.

If not, just take a sample of your water into your LFS and ask them to test it. Mine does it and charge £1 for NH3/4, N02 and N03.

um thats the problem i live in the middle of nowhere and we have a post office, a walmart, a mc. donalds, and a hardware hank. no fish store

Blondielovesfish said:
Wow it's $17 dollars on Amazon.  My local Petco has it for $45.  I hate Petco...

rikkitiger said:
um thats the problem i live in the middle of nowhere and we have a post office, a walmart, a mc. donalds, and a hardware hank. no fish store
Well you would be better off ordering off Amazon then, probably cheaper anyway:)

NeonBlueLeon said:

Wow it's $17 dollars on Amazon.  My local Petco has it for $45.  I hate Petco...

Ahaha. You know what I hate? New Zealand prices....its $90 at my LFS -_-

Lol.

Another helpful tip for you :)

Look out for API stress coat and Zyme on Amazon as well.  I saved at least 40% compared to my LFS by buying the biggest bottles I could get on Amazon.

Blondielovesfish said:

Ahaha. You know what I hate? New Zealand prices....its $90 at my LFS
sleep.png

Ouch, thats pricey!

Just converted NZ Dollars to Pounds sterling, thats about £45 to £50, my LFS charges about £35 (NZ $70) for these API kits.

Cheaper although online about £20 (NZ $ 40).

Did not realise you New Zealanders are rich! 
tongue2.gif

Ch4rlie said:
Ouch, thats pricey!

Just converted NZ Dollars to Pounds sterling, thats about £45 to £50, my LFS charges about £35 (NZ $70) for these API kits.

Cheaper although online about £20 (NZ $ 40).

Did not realise you New Zealanders are rich! 
tongue2.gif

Ahahaha, we're far from rich! Because everything is so expensive is one of the reasons why Fish are so badly treated in NZ :-(

$70 kits occasionally come up online, but I don't personally trust them after reading about a person who paid for a cheap one that turned out to be half full and almost expired. 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back