Help With Blue (Dwarf) Gourami?!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishlover96

Reaction score
Okay, so my dwarf gourami is sick. (He's called Aladdin) At the moment he is laying down the bottom next to the driftwood on my tank and looks like he's on his way out. He's done this a couple of times before... Acted funny for a couple of days, then literally looks like he's dying then hell be back with us, happy and playing in the bubbles.
I am doing a water change today just in case that's the reason.

Basically Aladdin was recently hardly swimming about. He would stay in a corner and look fed up. Then he seemed to have some sort of fin rot, or the other fish were attacking and nipping at his tail and fins.. But then the fins turned a tinge of brown. Aladdin also seems to have turned a little black I think, but is still blue as well. He also seems to have a brownish mark on his side which kind of looks like he's rotting?
Now he has very rapid gill movement and can't swim properly.

Bearing in mind he does this a lot, especially struggling to swim, what is your possible diagnosis? I've searched everywhere.
Here's a photo f what he's doing at the moment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 159
Sounds like you may need to humanely euthanize him. : ( It sounds like he is suffering.
Do you have any pictures?

Sickbound said:
Sounds like you may need to humanely euthanize him. : ( It sounds like he is suffering.

I'm trying my hardest to get a photo of his fins and his "rotting" side, but he is not moving from one spot at the moment:(
Fishlover96 said:
I'm trying my hardest to get a photo of his fins and his "rotting" side, but he is not moving from one spot at the moment:(

Wait he just had a random spark of liveliness? When he does that again I will take a photo

Tank size, How long have you had the tank for. Also tank mates.

The tank is 150 litres,
Had the tank since the end of December.
In the tank, I have:
2 platys,
A large pleco,
An elephant fish,
2 black widow skirt tetras,
2 rainbow fish,
A clown loach,
5 glow light tetras
2 kribensis,
A shark fish,
2 Indian gouramis
I think that's it..

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I apologise for the poor quality images.. He's round the back so it's hard to get a decent angle

I have done a water change now, hopefully his condition will improve

Sorry for the thread hi-jack, I have lost a couple of blue three spot gouramis this weekend and I am at a loss as to the reason.

I bought five just after Christmas and lost one within three days that I put down to stress. I have since done a couple of 25% water changes and tested the water with all my numbers spot on. As well as the gouramis I have also lost a couple of red back platys and swordtails; bought within the same period. Much to my shame I haven't had time to change the water for two weeks, could this be a cause?

The tank is a 200l tank with approx 25 fish made up of various tetras, a plec, siemese fighter, platys, a couple of red tail sharks and the gouramis.

I'll do a water change tomorrow (promise) after work but anything else I need to check?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back