Help What Are The Basics To Breeding German Blue Ram

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ARRONTYE

Reaction score
Hi I have got 4 rams and I now 2 are male and the other 2 are female cos the pink spot and the males are a lot bigger but I don't now the Basics to breeding them could someone help please.

Yeah I have looked but on want the basics thing like how meany in a tank and how meany males. In tank just the basic thing really

To breed rams, you'll need a separate tank; something in the 10/12 gallon with a (cycled, obviously!) sponge filter. Give it a sand substrate, lots of plants, some bogwood and a few flat stones.

Watch the fish in your main tank, keep them well fed and he water in tip top condition, and eventually you should get two fish pair up.

Once they do that, move them to your breeding set up, give them as much live food as you can and hopefully they'l (eventually) spawn. As soon as they eggs, get some brine shrimp hatching, and don't be too scrupulous about cleaning the tank; just do as many water changes as you possibly can.

You need the water to be very warm (28/30°C) soft and acidic, and to be very low in nitrate.

How do I make the water soft ? I don't understand what it means people keep saying it and I don't understand it.sorry if it a Stupid question I new to keeping rams

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back