Help W Antibiotic!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

RushingChamp28

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can Maracyn 2 SALTWATER be used in a freshwater tank???

Per tablet Maracyn 2 FRESHWATER contains 10 mg minocycline

Per tablet Maracyn 2 SALTWATER contains: 20 mg minocycline
as well as:
15 mg pantothenic acid
8.6 mg riboflavin
2.6 mg thiamine mononitrate
2.6 mg pyridoxine hydrochloride

I know if it were to be used the dosage would be half, but do the additional (vitamins, appetite stimulants perhaps, saltwater can be tempermental when sick?) cause problems in fresh water?

Please advise ASAP

thanks
-Evan

Not to sure if I'm honest.
Phone the lfs up and ask or contact the manufacture by email.

Not to sure if I'm honest.
Phone the lfs up and ask or contact the manufacture by email.

Guess I hadn't thought about contacting the manufacturer, seems like they will tell me that the products are different even if they were functionally the same, its the only way they could market 2 almost exact products as different.

Its not an issue of needing the medicine as much as I have a box of the saltwater and only keep freshwater aquaria.

Thanks
-Evan

You could always do a search on the med and see if the ingredients match on both salt water and fresh water.

You could always do a search on the med and see if the ingredients match on both salt water and fresh water.

I tried that, it was very hard to find anything that wasnt an ad for the product.

But , I do know that all of these chemicals are B vitamins (if my memory is correct), im 99.9% sure that these are not going to hurt the fish, im pretty sure they are just additional "precautions" to help tempermental saltwater fish.

pyridoxine hydorchloride ---> B6
thiamine mononitrate -------> B1
riboflavin ---------------------> B2
pantothenic acid -------------> cant remember what vitamin, but its part of B

Thanks for the help Wilder... I dont need to treat anything its just more that I have the stuff and dont want it to go to waste.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back