Help! Triops wont life after a week!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Francisco

Reaction score
Hi. I have always loved to have troops. They are cool and amazing, but I can't seem to have mine. I tried raising them many times and failed. My longest attempt was a week, the, they all die. I tried different waters, different temperatures, and different containers. But they still die. Can anyone help me where I can buy live ones so I don't have trouble? Or if you can, tell me what you did to have a successful triop generation.

They are normally only available as eggs and only from certain countries. The eggs normally hatch within 24 hours of being added to water. You might find adults available for sale in your own country but you would have to Google search for them.

There is more info about them at the following link but the main things to watch are poor water quality and sudden temperature & water chemistry changes. Do small water changes using dechlorinated water that has the same temperature, pH & GH as their tank.

Make sure they are in a tank with an established filter and have lots of plants in it. They can eat the plants if there is no other food for them.

https://daphniaculture.com/product/triops-australiensis-shield-tadpole-shrimp-eggs/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back