Help Stocking a 75 Gallon Tank.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MattDlr

Reaction score
Hi i am getting a 75 gallon tank soon and i want to get a fish that has a lot of personality. I was thinking flowerhorn but im not sure if if a 75 is big enough for them. I would also like it to be the only fish in the tank. If anyone know any fish with personality let me know.

Angelfish and discus are extremely attractive fish so i would suggest putting some of them in there.:)

Welcome to TFF!

All fish got personality ;)

Keeping fish alone is not very natural and I think you should rethink why you want to keep fish. Imho fish are not meant to interact with the owner. A true fish lover will have greatest pleasure observing fish exhibiting natural behaviour, including totally ignoring his presence.

A dog or a cat would maybe be a better fit and with more personality too ;)

yeah whats the the point of buying such a large tank and getting only 1 fish

He's on about only getting one fish because they are big and aggressive - like a betta on steroids (but without the floaty fins!)

They look like amazing fish - I hadn't realised that they don't exist in the wild.

I found this link that says 75g should be big enough - I couldn't find anything on seriously fish which is the most accurate website (but I will keep looking!)

https://en.aqua-fish.net/articles/how-care-flowerhorn-fish-forum

And welcome to the forum:good:

ETA - looks like there are some cruel practices associated with flowerhorns (tail docking for one) and over breeding to produce the bigger lump (although that kind of thing happens with a lot of animals, like the English Bulldog not being able to breathe), if you are going to get one choose carefully.

Last edited:
I can see why you want 1.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back