Help Sexing My Celestial Pearl Danios

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Daniel Margaritas

Reaction score
I know there are a number of resources explaining how to sex these fish, but no matter what I try to look for, mine just all seem the same, which I'm really hoping is not the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4B73RwGkFk

There are four Celestial Pearl Danios in the tank (planning on getting more), but it seems like more because of the reflections. Also, sorry about the video. It was taken on my phone, which presented a number of problems I didn't initially anticipate.

I cant tell from the dodgy filming quality! :lol: it is quite easy to tell the males and females apart.

This may help;

AquJeboCelestial-Pearl-Danio-MF612_edited-1.jpg

I cant tell from the dodgy filming quality! :lol: it is quite easy to tell the males and females apart.

This may help;

AquJeboCelestial-Pearl-Danio-MF612_edited-1.jpg

Yeah, sorry. I wasn't thinking and I took the video in portrait, so it appears to have been resized to 240x360 on YouTube.

Thanks for bringing that picture to my attention again. I've seen it before, but that was actually before I had the fish in the first place, so most of the details from it were a bit blurry in my memory. I was trying to go simply based off of the color of the fish, so they just all looked male to me. Based on the body shapes, though (the sort of semi-circle of the male versus a more rounded female), it looks more like I have one male and three females, which is much better.

Thanks again for the help. Best wishes.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back