Help! Platy With White Haze On Eye?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Deepatlantis

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at my fish and noticed my red platy has a white haze over her left eye. What could this be? I don't know whether to treat for fungus or white spot/parasite? Is it related to fin rot? I want to nip it in the early stages, but not sure what it is! It looks like there might be a tiny bump or two on the eye also. The rest of her body looks normal and I don't see anything on any of her tank mates...

Could you try and post a picture? Everyone always says it helps (though my fish never stay still long enough)

I have been trying, but she's always behind the plants or burry. It is literally a whitish sheen on the eye, and from the front (looking at the eye from the side) it looks like there may be slight bumps. Sorry, but I don't think I could get a photo that would show it...

What are your water stats, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate.  How long have you had your tank and did you cycle it first?  (If so how and for how long).

What you describe sounds like cloudy eye which is generally due to either an injury or poor water quality.  You can usually clear it up in 2-3 weeks just by insuring the tank water is pristine.

PrairieSunflower said:
What are your water stats, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate.  How long have you had your tank and did you cycle it first?  (If so how and for how long).

What you describe sounds like cloudy eye which is generally due to either an injury or poor water quality.  You can usually clear it up in 2-3 weeks just by insuring the tank water is pristine.
+1

Have a look here: http://badmanstropicalfish.com/fish_palace/tropicalfish_disease_identification.html#Cloudyeye

Hi, just to update...I did a big water change and her eye cleared up in two days. I keep having ammonia spikes, tank is taking forever to cycle fully so I'm blaming the water. But at least she recovered quickly. Thanks for all the help!

Most reactions

trending

Back