Help needed to ID these betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AllNighter

Reaction score
So a very few of you may know about my two rescued betta, so, they seem to be fully recovered, but i'm having difficulty identifying what kinds they are! Help?

Sorry for the crummy pics....

Attachments

• 1516658445213358458190.jpg
    1516658445213358458190.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 15166584993492031457837.jpg
    15166584993492031457837.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 1516658520852-2019069499.jpg
    1516658520852-2019069499.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 15166585406911691287004.jpg
    15166585406911691287004.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Hi, good to hear that the Bettas are recovering! I am not an expert but to me Moon looks like a mix between an opal, lyre tail, and a koi. The dark blue one looks like a dragon scale. This is my opinion so I may be wrong. They are very pretty!

Last edited:
Hi, good to hear that the Bettas are recovering! I am not an expert but to me Moon looks like a mix between an opal, lyre tail, and a koi. The dark blue one looks like a dragon scale. This is my opinion so I may be wrong. They are very pretty!

Thanks! And that would work out perfectly if that one is a dragon scale, because I was thinking of calling him Dragon! Never heard of a lyre tail before..... I just know I can't finds pics anywhere that look like these guys!

The white and blue is a double tailed halfmoon while the blue is either a normal HM or another double tail, hard to tell from the angle he's at.

As for their color forms, the white and blue is a marble and the blue is just that, a blue betta with red undertones. Not dragon scaling on the blue, but there seems to be some on the white and blue, expect his color to change over time and his scales to become more "compact". Marbled bettas usually change color. I have one that started out just like yours and now he's nearly all black.

The white and blue is a double tailed halfmoon while the blue is either a normal HM or another double tail, hard to tell from the angle he's at.

As for their color forms, the white and blue is a marble and the blue is just that, a blue betta with red undertones. Not dragon scaling on the blue, but there seems to be some on the white and blue, expect his color to change over time and his scales to become more "compact". Marbled bettas usually change color. I have one that started out just like yours and now he's nearly all black.

I had previously considered that he might be a marble, but he's not changed colors at all in the weeks that I've had him, so I'm not certain... Is that normal?

Not all bettas are made the same, so he may keep his pattern, but then again don't be surprised when/if he does change color.

Not all bettas are made the same, so he may keep his pattern, but then again don't be surprised when/if he does change color.

I'll be watching for it! (if it does happen) About the other one though, I was wondering if he might be a rose tail/rose petal (whichever it is) , because his tail has that little bit of fringe-iness like that?

Need a betta photo of his tail.

If he is a rose tail he will also most likely be a HM and these guys need a bit of extra care because their fins get huge and a few other issues.
Rosetail betta - the downside of beauty | Aquariadise

This is my guy.

https://i.imgur.com/xUjl973.jpg

My boy looks quite similar the one at the top of the article. I will try to get a good picture of his tail tomorrow, he doesn't really like his picture taken, so getting ANY pictures of him has been difficult! XD

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back