Help Needed - Temp Sticker? + more

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dphill3155

Reaction score
Hi, I just got a 10 Gallon Tank from Walmart (Delux with Heater) this is my first one, so feel free to E-mail me any advice [email protected]

Anyway, my question is where do I put the sticky temperature reader on the tank.
I thought about on the front, but its not that attractive so I moved it to the side (but now its below the heater about 6" away from it) is this too close? I could move it to the other side away from the heater?

Also I have it stuck just above the gravel line. is this ok to get a good reading or should it it be in the middle of the tank.

oh and I'm sure many are familiar with the walmart tanks, - its the one that you have to snap out the plastic from the hood for the heater and filter. I did this but there is a significant gap between the pump and lid. 1/2 to 1" (enough for a fish to jump out) has anyone had this problem (fish jumping out) any suggestions on how to cover the gap.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Darren. :D

i think your fine with the sticker and i have the same kit and havnt had a fish jump out, you should be fine, but if you are woried you could use milk jug and cut up some plastic and cover the hole, make sure you wash it good with hot water, NO SOAP!!!

Welcome to the site Darren. Sounds like your thinking ahead. A sure sign of success.

You'll be fine with your setup just as Mr Baseball has said. :thumbs:

Yes welcome. I have my temp reader on the front on the other side of the heater and I have found it fine. It doesn't make the tank look bad in my point of view. and its easy to read. ;)

:D :p thats good if u are thinking and asking quistions that is good you will like mr great lakes said will have sucsesses(lol bad spelling today) Good LUCk :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back