Help Juwel Rio 125 Filter Not Working

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

marieukxx

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My sis took out the carbon to treat whitspot and now the filter won't work. She only switched it off and took out the carbon. Normally when I get this problem I take out the filter and take it apart and pop it back in. This one is in a big box and we can't get it out. we can just feel inside and take the spoge out and that's it.

Any ideas on what we can do

The powerhead should just lift out? Mine does this sometimes after I've had it turned off, it might be getting a bit clogged up. Take out the powerhead and give it a swish in tank water.

the pump has a pipe that attaches from the outside - you have to pull it off to be able to pull the pump out! :good:

Very common on these juwel internals, all 3 of mine did it. Turn off the pump pull from it cradle you will see the impeller, give a clean with a toothbrush/paper towl etc(be carefull they are fragile and can snap. Pop the impeller back in then pop the power head back into it slot and turn on 30sec job :good:

Very common on these juwel internals, all 3 of mine did it. Turn off the pump pull from it cradle you will see the impeller, give a clean with a toothbrush/paper towl etc(be carefull they are fragile and can snap. Pop the impeller back in then pop the power head back into it slot and turn on 30sec job :good:
we took the pump out but it is in agrey casing which i cant seem to move thats the only way to the impeller as i cant get to it otherwise. thanks

The grey casing should come off, sometimes they can be a fiddle.

Most reactions

Back