Help! Ill Musk Turtle

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kyle r

Reaction score
my musk turtle 'Ninja' has been acting strangely lately here are a list of the symptoms

1. he stretches out his neck and opens his mouth wide open underwater (like he is yawning)
2.floating on the surface (very unusual as he normally is very shy)
3. he has been sticking his head out of the water for longer periods of time

i have looked on the internet but cant seem to find much help so i thought people on here may have had an experience like this.

is anyone nows what this could be could you please tell me what it is and how it can be cured.

He might just have gotten accustomed to seeing you and doesn't care anymore, or
he might be sick. I don't really know. But if you get some arachnids, insect, aquatic inverts, frogs, newts, sallamanders, lizards, snakes, small tetras, bettas, cory cats or anything of that sort, PM me and I can probably help. If they sold small turtles like muskies in TN I could help, but alas, TN has some screwed up laws.

OK, listen to underneath his shell, and if you hear bubbly noises from his respiratory tract, he may have an infection. Keep me posted

thanks for the help guys after a couple hours and lot of bites i cant hear any noises but he seems to have got betterthanks for the help guys after a couple hours and lot of bites i cant hear any noises but he seems to have got better

Can it get completely out of water and do you have a uvb bulb?

also what size tank is it, does it have an underwater heater AND an above water heated area (even though musks dont come above water so often as other turts, they still require warm areas)

whzt do you feed it and what temp is the water?

ok tried sending you a private message but its not working so will stick my neck out and post the link here

id just like to tell you about a wonderful website dedicated to turtles, all turtles! it gives great advice and theres even a chat forum on there so you can get help as soon as you need it. they know all about turtles and their problems so give it a look if you have problems again

google - happy turtles pub :) hope it helps

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back