Help Identifying Snails

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Torchwood~Mindfreak

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well I went to the local petstore today just to look around. I inquired about the snails in the freshwater tanks and the girl (who was still learning) called someone more informed and was told they were all mystery snails. BUT I found this little guy and am pretty sure it's a Nerite which is what I was looking for. If so I had a good day, I got all my stuff for about $7 cheaper then it should have been and 5 free baby ghost shrimp.
tankmostly063.jpg

tankmostly074.jpg

tankmostly075.jpg

Also I found this guy snuck in on some plants a while ago any idea what kind it is? I wasn't sure so instead of taking a chance I put it in our pond to feast on algae lol. (Sorry for the bad pic)
tankmostly062.jpg

The top one doesnt look like a mystery snail to me, mine do not have the black line spiral.

The brown snail is a pond snail, no doubt

Look like a nerite snail to me, though I have never seen one in that color before.

Top one looks to be a very pale Neritina reclivata, which don't always do well in freshwater. Some tolerate it, but others I have seen will continually try to escape until the salinity is raised. Bottom one is a Physa species.

Hmmm well I'll keep an eye on it but it seems pretty content to just hang out and munch algae so far. And prob a good thing I got rid of the other one then lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back