Help Identify Infection or Cause

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hamsnacks

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I noticed 1 of my Siamese Algae Eaters was not active today and was just resting on the driftwood, when I took a closer look, her lips seem to be swollen on one side. She put up a little fight but eventually you can tell she was completely worn out, grabbed her with my bare hands.

Water parameters are completely fine, my 2 other Siamese are completely fine. Is this a disease of some sort or maybe hitting the glass/wood? She is in a separate container right now and not doing much, staying in the same spot.

Feel really bad for her, must of been going on for a maximum of 3 days, and my 3 guys are very active, so she must be really feeling it. Is this curable or would the best thing to do be put her out of her misery?
Attached photos, thank you!

WHEG96A.jpg

G3Aq23d.jpg

pJ7WXhV.jpg

OknDId7.jpg

It is not a disease and most likely a burn from the aquarium heater or some physical damage caused by swimming into a hard or sharp object that has taken the skin off on the bottom jaw. Monitor it for fungus (white fluffy stuff) and bacteria infections. You could add some triple sulpha/ tri sulfa to prevent infections. Keep the sulpha based medication in the tank for at least 3 days after it has healed.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back