Help?! I have eggs in my tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

George1901

Reaction score
I have some transparent eggs, there are three of them and they are just resting on the gravel in my tank, I don't know what they have come from.. I have guppies in my tank one female which has just welcomed me with 14 fry, I also have a pleco approx 2/3 inches long and I have an African dwarf frog? Where could they come from? The egg in my photo is central of the picture but is very hard to see as it's transparrent

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 228
I'm not seeing the egg in the photo, but my guess would be the frog. I can't think of an plecos that would be able to lay eggs at 2/3 and inch. Could you try getting a pic of the pleco and the frog? Either way, the eggs are infertile seeing as how there's only one of each species.

Yeah I wouldn't worry. Google the eggs for both species and see which looks most similar I guess. It's hard to see them from the picture.

I'm not seeing the egg in the photo, but my guess would be the frog. I can't think of an plecos that would be able to lay eggs at 2/3 and inch. Could you try getting a pic of the pleco and the frog? Either way, the eggs are infertile seeing as how there's only one of each species.

Here are the photos you asked for.. I got one of the eggs in my fry hatchery and it has a little black dot in it, both the frog and pleco were in an all species tank so would it be possible the eggs are fertilised or do the eggs need to be fertilised once laid?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 215
As far as I know, eggs for both species need to be fertilized as they leave the body or shortly after. Adorable little frog btw, but they like to be in groups is what I hear people say.

Ahh okay, thankyou for your help, I'm going to get a couple more but wanted to settle them in slowly

these are bn pleco eggs
p961663998.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back