Help- Guppy Has A Weird Red Worm Like Thing

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fraoch

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my pregnant female guppy, who i thought was acting strange because she was about to drop, has two red things hanging from her buisness end. they almost look like 2 really small red bristles from a brush.
any help on whether this is a parasite or how to treat it?
thanks

Sounds like a internal worm best get advise from some who's dealt with it before.

any help please my fish doesnt look very happy, :sad:
i have been trying to look this up on the internet but there is not much info, from what i can tell, i think is a thread worm but i dont know? does anyone know anything about this?

i have been trying to look this up on the internet but there is not much info, from what i can tell, i think is a thread worm but i dont know? does anyone know anything about this?

Hi there

It sounds like worms to me but I'm no expert. Go onto the sick emergency forum. You should get more info there.

Good luck

Hi there

It sounds like worms to me but I'm no expert. Go onto the sick emergency forum. You should get more info there.

Good luck
ok thanks i though i was :rolleyes: silly me

It sounds like camalanus worms to me. Please post in the tropical emergencies section to get real advice on the problem.

yes i looked up google images and they look just like that.
can they become free swimming?
and could my fry get them if they are in the same tank?
thanks

The worms will end up being a problem for the whole tank. You should isolate any fish showing symptoms and begin treatment right away.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back