Help. fungal treatment needed. I think...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sharkbait

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Got a white woolly fuzzy blob on one of my tetras. Also a whispy bit of something hanging of my Clown loaches head.
My wife went into the lfs and got myoxcin.
Seems on reading the pack that its anti bacterial.
will it treat fungal infections?
The tank is full of ich and is currently 3 days into treatment.
(This is what happens when you go on holiday.)
Stuart

what temp do you have the tank at and what are the water parameters? also need to know all the occupants of the tank and how big is the tank.

would do 10-20% water changes every night followed with adding the meds. if you have carbon in your filter, remove it. if not, the carbon will remove the meds from the water.

Ta for the reply
ammonia nil, nitrites a little dodgy 0.25 (I killed my filter by leaving it off overnight so as to set up another tank in the morning. -some of us learn the hard way.) so the tank is no longer fully cycled. up for about three weeks. Also left it for a week -fed by neighbour. Lots of ich when I got back and dead fish.
My poor clownies are hiding and looking very stressed with ich all over them, rapid breathing and rubbing when I do see them.
The tetra is also covered in ich though its fungal blob has dropped off. maybe the myaxacin is working.
25 gal US tank
1 dwarf gourami 2 inch
4 cardinal tetra
2 red eye tetra
1 tetra purple emperor (ill)
1 rainbow
1 swordfish
4 3 inch clown loaches (ill)

all 1 inch or so unless specified

I thought finding someone to look after the cat was hard work. Finding someone to look after the fish (without them snuffing it.) is a lot harder

forgot to add, raised temp to 26C, with lots of airation. I have removed the carbon.
I left instructions to use easy balance when I was away as I couldn't really expect someone to do water changes for me.
needless to say it didn't sem to do the job.
Stuart

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back