Help! Dont Know What To Do!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

courtneyg3

Reaction score
Okay so hoping for some advice as i dont know what to do. So i am going to add all the info I can to help. I have a 30 gallon tank with 2 blood parrots. I have fake plants, rocks, gravel and a cave for them. I started this in december. No new fish or chemicals added to tank. There tank is 74 degrees. I clean tanks every 2-3 weeks. So down to the problem. About a week ago i saw a white spot (just one) on one of my fish. It is on her right fin, seems to be inside the fin. It is a little bigger now but not by much. at first she seemed herself but now she is no longer using it (as little as possible) and has been floating/resting on plants. I believe because it bothers her. She also (3 days now) has not been eating that i can tell. Any ideas?

Need to medicate for whitespot right away.
Do you have a test kit? What are the ammonia and nitrite levels?
I would also do an immediate partial water change.
You should be doing weekly partial waterchanges. 25-30% each week. Was the filter cycled before adding fish?
Do you have a quarantine tank you can use to treat the affected fish?

It doesn't really sound like whitespot, but possibly a tumor or parasite if it's localized to just one spot on one fish. I do agree with frapadoodle that you should do a large water change now and at least once a week.

My water levels are all fine and I did a partial water change 2 days ago. I am worried it may me a tumor of some sort, since its only the one lump. Will start doing weekly water changes. Have a hospital tank and waiting for it to cycle before putting her in. anything i can do for her?

Thanks, Spouse. Minds a little fuzzy due to meds. If only one spot, does sound like a tumor.

She also has a little white goo poop and seems to be losing some color. What can I do?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back