Help Does My Betta Have Fin Rot?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Carlythomas93

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if my betta fish has fin rot or am i just worrying to much? its his lower body it looks a bit pointy btw I'm new to this so please help :(

tumblr_n5n8ao8M6x1qjqt3ho1_1280.jpgtumblr_n5n8bphrCr1qjqt3ho1_500.jpgtumblr_n5n8ao8M6x1qjqt3ho2_1280.jpg

He looks pretty healthy to me. Fish with very long fins, like halfmoons, double tails, and veils, are prone to fin rot, but fraying of the fins does not necessarily mean your fish has fin rot. Sometimes these bettas just snag the tails on decorations, nip at their own fins, or the fins roughen up a bit as they age.

You should be looking for darkening of the fins as well as pin holes in the fin for fin rot, large, evenly shaped chunks missing for tail biting, and uneven chunks or tears for decoration related injuries. If you see any signs of these, clean water around 82 (or 28) degrees makes all the difference in the world.

If you suspect your betta had fin rot or some other fin injury, look for clear edges around the wound. This indicates healing. 

When I got my second betta, he randomly had a spot and a few tears on his fins. They have all healed up quite nicely. Nothing a bit of clean water and TLC didn't fix.

The fins look healthy to me aswell.

Your boy looks nice and healthy to me.  Fins look good and his color is nice and bright.  

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back