Help! Bought the wrong canopy...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishyFiend19

Reaction score
I have a 40 gallon breeder without a center brace. I bought the versatop 36"x18" canopy not realizing it was 2 pieces. It is non returnable. So, my question is: How can I make a sturdy and easy center brace for cheap? Can I use plexiglass and aquarium silicone?

I don't think you need a centre brace. Can you post a link to the cover you bought? If it is like mine, there are two pieces of glass with a plastic "hinge" piece that holds the glass together, and then a strip of plastic for the back that can be cut to provide openings for heater/filter.

I can probably take a picture when I get home. It is the other one though (meant for 50/65 gallons). It is 2 18" pieces already hinged from front to back. They meet at the middle of the tank.

I can probably take a picture when I get home. It is the other one though (meant for 50/65 gallons). It is 2 18" pieces already hinged from front to back. They meet at the middle of the tank.

That's different than mine. But most stores and online will accept returns if you have not somehow changed the product, and especially if you are prepared to buy another (that would fit).

That's different than mine. But most stores and online will accept returns if you have not somehow changed the product, and especially if you are prepared to buy another (that would fit).

I tried. Dr Fosters says they dont take returns on glass canopies. Thus, I'm trying to figure out how to make a center brace. I cannot afford to buy another one at this time.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back