Help!!! Betta is hurt!!!

Aesthetic-fish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am currently new to this forum. My betta SUMMER, he has mysteriously scraped some scales off of his head and near his nose. He isn't bleeding. I added bettafix and aquarium salt. He seemed a bit better, just a bit though. I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me if he will be okay. Also, will his scales grow back?

Can you post a picture of the fish?

Bettafix isn't the best medication for labyrinth fishes (bettas & gouramis) because it can leave an oily film on the surface and prevent the fish being able to breath. If you use any medication or salt, you should increase surface turbulence to maximise oxygen levels in the water.

If a fish has been injured and lost scales, the scales will normally grow back when the wound has healed.

Thx for your help. I have already added the aquarium salt with the bettafix. I have been continuing bettafix for a few days now, and my betta fish seems to be fine with it. Though I will take your advice with the bettafix. Anyways, I'm really glad the scales will grow back. He seems to be a tiny bit better.

IMG_0459.JPG U

Most reactions

trending

Back