HELP 911 - RED SPOT - FISH AND SHRIMP DYING

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rockmissjess

Reaction score
HELP! PLEASE!
So in the last week all my shrimp except one has died. And guppy fish are dying every few days... at first i noticed with a few shimmying... and sitting at the top of the tank doing absolutely nothing..before they passed. so i looked closely at the one doing it right now.. shes a female fully prego... and she has a RED DOT on her tummy... ANYONE KNOW WHATS GOING ON?

unnamed.jpg

I started the first dose of API General Cure Yesterday... tomorrow will be the 2nd dose...

Im so very very sad and ive been reading forum after forum and im just trying to figure out whats killing off this tank...

internal bleeding... suggestion.
What are your:
Water parameters
Water temperature
Filtration system(s)

internal bleeding... suggestion.
What are your:
Water parameters
Water temperature
Filtration system(s)

jager heater - 78.6 F (digital thermometer)
Aqueon 20 filter
Bubble Wall
Everything is perfect except ammonia levels through the roof.. i imagine its a mini cycle after effect tho because i changed the substrate from gravel to sand friday...

what is bubble wall?
also forgot to ask about tank size...?
When did you start up the tank?
Sand doesn't carry ammonia *unless added* and it doesn't carry any beneficial bacteria. That is not the problem.

what is bubble wall?
also forgot to ask about tank size...?
When did you start up the tank?
Sand doesn't carry ammonia *unless added* and it doesn't carry any beneficial bacteria. That is not the problem.

20 gallon high
i moved everything from a 10 gallon established tank to this 20 gallon high about 2 weeks ago... (wanted a bigger tank)
I do have marineland bacteria handy if suggested to use it i can.

Marineland bacteria isn't "bacteria" I do not think, maybe but I haven't done research on it. If it is a quick cycle sort of thing its just an ammonia base mix. You do not need an airstone. have you added anything to the water recently? Can you give me some info from the old tank in regards to stock and what you added to it as well if anything?

Did you add the fish or shrimp
First? Inverts do a great job at hiding disease and can infect an intire system if not quarantined properly. If the ammonia leaves are through the roof: move your fish to somewhere safer, exposure to high levels of ammonia is not good for fish. Especially those whom are infected with a disease.

Everything is perfect except ammonia levels through the roof.

So nothing is perfect.

Try doing some water changes to get the ammonia levels down.

I started the first dose of API General Cure Yesterday... tomorrow will be the 2nd dose...

You are treating what with this?

i moved everything from a 10 gallon established tank to this 20 gallon high about 2 weeks ago... (wanted a bigger tank)

So basically your tank is not cycled?

Marineland bacteria isn't "bacteria" I do not think, maybe but I haven't done research on it. If it is a quick cycle sort of thing its just an ammonia base mix. You do not need an airstone. have you added anything to the water recently? Can you give me some info from the old tank in regards to stock and what you added to it as well if anything?

no lol the marineland bacteria is BACTERIA... lol ... its not a quickcycle thing is good bacteria... for a quick cycle i have quick start.... i just decided to try something i switched the betta tank betta's with the guppies... to see if its the tank or the fish... im going to give it a little bit and see... if the guppies recover or keep on the decline...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back