Help. 8.00ppm ammonia fishless cycle

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Sheaclaw

Reaction score
Hey all. Iā€™m doing a fishless cycle on my 60 gallon freshwater tank using dr Timā€™s one and only live bacteria and ammonium chloride. When I received my bottle of ammonium chloride says 4 drops per 1 gallon of aquarium water. But the website says 1 drop per gallon so I did 1 drop per gallon. And tested my ammonia which was 0.5ppm but it needed to be around 2.00ppm. So after I saw it was low I went ahead and followed the bottle directions and did 4 drops per gallon minus what I already did. So after I dosed it I tested it and got a reading of 8.00ppm so my questions is what do I do from this point. The instructions say to dose it again today but itā€™s already so high. Should I do a 50% water change and if so would that remove my beneficial bacteria?

Changing water won't remove BB. So the easiest way to get from 8ppm to 2 is to change 75%. Or you could do 50% twice. Remember to dechlorinate the water because chlorine will kill the BB

Changing water won't remove BB. So the easiest way to get from 8ppm to 2 is to change 75%. Or you could do 50% twice. Remember to dechlorinate the water because chlorine will kill the BB
So update. Tested my ammonia again and found it st around 4.00-2.00ppm maybe I just mis read the color of the reading. Also my nitrite finally showed up today around 0.25ppm. Should I just leave it be and let it run itā€™s course to see if it goes down. Also how long do I need to keep my tank at 2.00ppm ammonia just until it cycles it?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back