Help, 6 Fish Dead In 2 Days

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Minstrel

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Please can someone help me, I had a well set up stable tank, all readings are find but there appears to be something wrong with some of my fish. So far I have lost
2 x whiptail plecs
1 x clown pleco
1 x soloni synodontis
1 x black phantom
1 x cory

Before they die their stomachs are swollen and they have rapid gill movement. I really need help and fast to treat whatever this is before I lose all my fish.

Define "fine"...what are your water parameters? Size of tank? Tankmates?

what size tank? what diet? sounds like maybe parasites/worms. If you are in the USA I can offer suggestions for meds if so.

But more info would also be needed- are their scales protruding? How long have you had them? When was the most recent new addition to the tank- fish or plant?

They are all bottom feeders, except the one tetra- how often are you vacuuming the tank?

The tank is a 240L I am not in the USA is there something I can give them I can get here? They get given blood worm, brine shrimp have been given beef heart also at times also there are catfish pellets put in at night and wafers for plecs.

Scales were not protruding, I am very concerned about my featherfin catfish he is acting very unusually

What are the actual numbers from your tests OP?

Most fish 'diseases' are caused, ultimately, by poor water quality, so until we know what your water is like, it's very difficult for us to say what the problem might be.

I would stop feeding the beef heart for one. Then add some veggie matter to their diet as well. Sounds like dietary issues.

Most reactions

Back