Hello!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

toolman68

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm not new to fishkeeping or forums but I have some friends here so I thought I would join. I have 5 tanks of freshwater plants & fish and my wife and I have 3 children and are raising our first two grandchildren....twins like me.

Hello everyone, I'm not new to fishkeeping or forums but I have some friends here so I thought I would join. I have 5 tanks of freshwater plants & fish and my wife and I have 3 children and are raising our first two grandchildren....twins like me.

Welcome to the forum!

I currently have koi swordtails, reqular lfs mutt swordtails, n-class blackbar endlers, red eye tetras, and rainbows, melanotaenia splendida and melanotaenia lacustris. I also keep salt and pepper corys, otos, bn plecos and lots of snails.

Do you breed any of the fish?
Rainbowfish are easy enough to breed and most shops buy surplus stock if you have them.

Do you breed any of the fish?
Rainbowfish are easy enough to breed and most shops buy surplus stock if you have them.
I do but have not bred the rainbows as they are such slow growers and are in a community tank. My first nonlivebearer to breed will be my next project, I am trying to decide what to get for my 40b melanotaenia kamaka, neolamprologus margunueis, or wild caught f2 betta smaragdina. I may do one of the others in the40b and a pair of the bettas in a 10 I have empty. I have passed up several interesting fish lately, I need to hit the lotto and build a fishroom.:D

Edit: added that bettas are f2's

I need to hit the lotto and build a fishroom.:D
Don't we all :)

Rainbowfish are quite a fast growing fish if done the right way. I use to rear them up in 2 foot long tanks (10 gallon) with a sponge filter and thin layer of gravel on the bottom. The water temperature was 28C and the fish were fed 4-5 times per day. I did a 50-75% water change each day and the fish were sexually mature and big enough to sell in 3 months.

Melanotaenia kamaka are nice but so are the Bettas. Build a triple tier stand and get them all :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back