Hello!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dogsnogger

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to the site but have kept fish on and off for years now so have a bit of experience under my belt!

I do have one question, somthing that has eluded me for the last 2 years! How do you achieve crystal clear water in your tank? my parameters are all ok, no amonia or nitrite. Nitrate is below 10ppm and the Ph is 7.6. I also change the filters when required and always do weekely water changes.
Dont get me wrong, the water isnt cloudy but close up you can see all the minute particle floating around, am i being too ambitious, as i say the water is clear, just not quite crystal!

Forgot to say its a 70ltr tank with about 20 communal fish in

L would welcome any advice

Many thanks

Hi there :)

Exactly what fish do you have? What substrate? Live plants? What filter do you have; do you know it's LPH and what media do you have in it? How do you maintain the filter, exactly? How often and how large are your water changes?

Sorry for all the questions, but the more information we have, the better we can help :) Pictures of your set up would help too, if you can post some.

Hi there :)

Exactly what fish do you have? What substrate? Live plants? What filter do you have; do you know it's LPH and what media do you have in it? How do you maintain the filter, exactly? How often and how large are your water changes?

Sorry for all the questions, but the more information we have, the better we can help :) Pictures of your set up would help too, if you can post some.

Hi Fluttermoth, thanks for the speedy reply!

currently i have:
6 guppies
2 dalmation mollies
2 ballon mollies
2 glowlights
1 neon tetra
1 harlequin rasbora
1 khuli loach
1 bamboo shrimp
1 zebra snail
1 angel fih
3 small rasboras

sand substrate, overhead aqua one carbon/ sponge filter with additrional fluval media, not sure what LPH is and roughly 25% water change every 1/2 weeks. filters are changed ebery 6-8 weeks as suggetsed by manufacturer

8 live plants and a couple of plasic ones for colour!

hope this is enough information

What is it you're changing in the filter? Does some media get left in, or are you changing it all? Is there any floss in there?

I would start by doing a few extra water changes; most tanks should be getting around 50% weekly as a baseline regimen.

I'm afraid your stocking needs looking at as well; is your water hard or soft, and what are the dimensions of the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back