Hello Newbie here

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Little MissFish

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but I've been a tropical fish hobbyiest since I was 15 though I mostly stick to live bearers because I just love getting little baby fish even if few of them actually survive in the big tank. I have a 30 gallon tank, though I have had plenty of experience with them I've come across a problem I've never had before and am not quite sure how to deal with at the moment. This is the first time I've tried having an aquarium since I moved into this particular apartment, unfortunately I rent and therefore have no control over managements use of water softeners. I know the fish don't care much for overly soft water so I'm using crushed coral to correct that problem and it seems to be doing the trick but my tank heater took a crap and I don't think I'll be able to afford a good replacement for a little while and my tank is now definitely below optimal temperature levels, I've tried cranking up my own heat in an attempt to keep my tank water warmer but it doesn't seem to be helping, most of my fish seem alright with it for now but my mollies aren't taking it so well, I already lost the male this morning and one of the females seems to have developed the shimies... Is there anything else I can do for my poor mollies until I can get a replacement heater?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back