Hello Newbie from Az.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fairone2

Reaction score
I have had a lifelong love affair with keeping freshwater tropical fish but I still keep learning new things it seems almost everyday! My passion (or weakness!), is for cichlids and I love trying different more challenging species. MY next tank I am going to try shelldwellers (?) Anyway, I'm glad to be here!

Welcome to the forum :)

I haven't kept shelldwellers myself, but they're fascinating fish. Is your water hard, or are going to have to buffer it?

Welcome to the forum :)

I haven't kept shelldwellers myself, but they're fascinating fish. Is your water hard, or are going to have to buffer it?
The water here is quite hard plus I collect rocks from the lake I live by to decorate my aquariums as well. My PH is almost always at 8.2 and rarely changes. Thank-you very kindly for the welcome, I appreciate it!

The water here is quite hard plus I collect rocks from the lake I live by to decorate my aquariums as well. My PH is almost always at 8.2 and rarely changes. Thank-you very kindly for the welcome, I appreciate it!

Ah, that saves you a lot of trouble then :)

I live in a really soft water area, but my mum kept mbuna for many years, it was a proper nuisance mixing up buckets of hard water and testing it all to make sure it matched the tank!

:fish::fish::fish:
Ah, that saves you a lot of trouble then :)

I live in a really soft water area, but my mum kept mbuna for many years, it was a proper nuisance mixing up buckets of hard water and testing it all to make sure it matched the tank!

Actually it would be nice to have softer water now since I'm interested in getting some different kinds of cichlids right now (south American). I've been studying up on it! I've also decided to start keeping live plants now, which I have always had terrible luck with! LOL!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back