Hello! Looking for new tank suggestions.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

VelvetSunshine

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'd say I am a somewhat experienced fish keeper. Over the last few years I've kept a few different types of fish. Tropical community tank, shrimp, American cichlids, goldfish, etc.

A few months ago I had what can only described as a Meltdown and decided to shut down my tanks.

It was a combination of being time poor, crummy work situation, lack of space and money - to name just a few factors that led me to that somewhat regrettable decision. Although it did lead me to renovate my apartment, so it's not all bad :)

Anyways, I am in a much better place now and am dying to have a tank again.

I am just not sure what I want. There's a huge part of me that wants fancy goldfish again. I just love how much personality they have, how cute they are, all the different types, etc. however I don't love how much space they take up and the amount of water changes that are required.

I also kind of want to do another tropical community tank, but I do feel a little "been there, done that".

Any suggestions?

I am thinking I want a 40-50ish gallon tank with canister filter.

Ideas?

Hi

Can you give us some info about your water? Soft hard? Plants? real or fake? Do you want high tech or low tech? Do you want manicured tank or a jungle like the ones in my sig?

There's a huge part of me that wants fancy goldfish again

If you want fancy gold fish I say get them, Water changes are not really a problem if you use a python water changer

Python water changer, :no:

You can buy EVERYTHING needed to make one from hose fittings for a fraction of the cost of one of those things.

Poundland or equivalent or a discount garden centre and your laughing.

I use pretty much the same thing knocked up from garden hose and hose fittings laying about in my shed, certainly not cost anything like the money they are.

Hi there, if you are still shopping and want to go smaller (25 gal) check out the cylindrical aquariums I sell/build :)

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

I like that cylindrical aquarium, Make a nice shrimp tank.

Its an unusual shape and with shrimp you dont really need floating plants and with a bit of planning some clear glass tube you could even create a filter

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back