Hello Ladies And Gentlemen

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MarkinFrance

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all, my name's Mark I'm an ex-pat Brit living in France.

I've just taken delivery of a new Juwel Rio 400 and cabinet after my Rena 400 "failed" and started to leak!  I need to get the aquarium up and running asap as my fishes are currently living in a dustbin!

I like the look of the rock backgrounds and filter covers that Juwel offer and would like to know if these can be fitted at a later date once the aquarium has been filled with water. In my search for information I've discovered a few comments about discolouration of these backgrounds and would like to ask the forums user for their experience please?

The set up is a tropical freshwater community aquarium.

Thank you and regards,

Mark

I have no experience of the backgrounds, so can't really help there. I just wanted to say, as a fully-qualified Francophile, bonjour et bienvenue a TFF.

Bonjour Mark,

J'mapelle Shelster, j'habite Cornwall en Angleterre :D. - ahem - excuse spelling!!

I again have no personal experience, however I have never been too keen on them as they do use quite a bit of space in the tank IMO :/

Welcome to the forum, and I hope somebody can help with first hand experience :good:

Greeting Shelster,

I'm come to the conclusion that I wont buy any!

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed with the design and build quality of the lid / lights on this Rio 400.... One light fitting arrived broken and the plastic which forms the lid sections is so thin, flexible and disturbing to the fish that I can see that I'm going to have to make modifications to what was an expensive aquarium.

Maybe I'll ask the forum if someone has modified one already?

Mark

p.s. best keep to English I reckon!

Ha ha yes def keep to English :D

Try the DIY section - good luck :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back