Hello everybody!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jack TH

Reaction score
Hello! I'm Jack, I'm 15 (closer to 16) and I've been keeping fish since I was 10. I got into fishkeeping because my dad always kept fish. When I was about 5 or 6, we had two big common goldfish, Max and Ruby, in a 15 gallon. Now of course I cringe at that thought, but nobody knew at the time. From when I was about 6.5 to 8, he then kept tropical fish, ranging from guppies to all sorts of tetras. Most of them died because they came from some garbage LFS but a couple survived and we even got a few guppy fry surviving to adulthood. After that though, we moved to Kent so we had to give up all our fish. Fast forward to when I was 10, I decided I wanted to keep fish myself. Of course, I didn't do the best job but oh well, you live an learn. I gave it up when I was 12 though because I lost interest, but I decided to take it up again in May last year, and since then I've kept guppies, glowlight tetras, green neon tetras, black neon tetras, cories, glowlight and lambchop rasboras and even a few GBRs. Right now though I'm keeping some guppies (I've got quite a few that were originally fry, including Luminosus, who is now about 9 months old and was born in my tank), some lambchop and glowlight rasboras, 12 cories, 2 platies (I know, I know, I'm gonna get some more when I can) and many, many neocaridina shrimp. I also have a selective breeding project in my 5 gallon, where I have 12 selectively bred yellow micariff-endler hybrids that are about 2 months old. I have about 45 wild-type neocaridina shrimp in there, and I probably have about 80-100 blue topaz and red cherry shrimp in my main tank, plus a few wild-types that I have yet to transfer.

That's about it for now, if you have any questions then please ask. Thanks for reading!

Hello! I'm Jack, I'm 15 (closer to 16) and I've been keeping fish since I was 10. I got into fishkeeping because my dad always kept fish. When I was about 5 or 6, we had two big common goldfish, Max and Ruby, in a 15 gallon. Now of course I cringe at that thought, but nobody knew at the time. From when I was about 6.5 to 8, he then kept tropical fish, ranging from guppies to all sorts of tetras. Most of them died because they came from some garbage LFS but a couple survived and we even got a few guppy fry surviving to adulthood. After that though, we moved to Kent so we had to give up all our fish. Fast forward to when I was 10, I decided I wanted to keep fish myself. Of course, I didn't do the best job but oh well, you live an learn. I gave it up when I was 12 though because I lost interest, but I decided to take it up again in May last year, and since then I've kept guppies, glowlight tetras, green neon tetras, black neon tetras, cories, glowlight and lambchop rasboras and even a few GBRs. Right now though I'm keeping some guppies (I've got quite a few that were originally fry, including Luminosus, who is now about 9 months old and was born in my tank), some lambchop and glowlight rasboras, 12 cories, 2 platies (I know, I know, I'm gonna get some more when I can) and many, many neocaridina shrimp. I also have a selective breeding project in my 5 gallon, where I have 12 selectively bred yellow micariff-endler hybrids that are about 2 months old. I have about 45 wild-type neocaridina shrimp in there, and I probably have about 80-100 blue topaz and red cherry shrimp in my main tank, plus a few wild-types that I have yet to transfer.

That's about it for now, if you have any questions then please ask. Thanks for reading!
Wow, can I see your tank? Welcome to the Forum as well.

Wow, can I see your tank? Welcome to the Forum as well.
Unfortunately, it's a bit overrun with green algae at the moment that is a pain to get rid of. If I can get rid of some of it then I'll take some pictures. They might not be the best quality though. Thank you;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back