Hello All!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lectron

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am not new to fish keeping but far from a pro. Have been out of the hobby for a long while but excited to get back into it. Currently waiting on tank to cycle. Thanks to the forum for the fishless cycle post I have already learned a lot and hope to have my new fish in the near future.

Thanks again and I look forward to learning more from you all :D

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

While your tank is cycling, you should try to find out what the general hardness (GH) and carbonate hardness (KH) and pH is. This information is usually found on your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't provide it to you, take a glass of tap water to your local pet shop and ask them to test it for you. Write the results down in numbers when they do the tests. And ask them what the test results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, etc) because they have different meanings.

The next time you visit the pet shop, make a list of fish and plants you like and post it on here, and post the results from the water test (GH, KH & pH) here too. And post the tank dimensions (length x width x height). We can go through the list of fish and pick out ones that are suitable for your tank and water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back