Heavily Pregnant platy help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kcd666

Reaction score
Hi iv got a heavily prego platy shes in her breeder box an seems to be layn on 1 side a not moving is this her going birth or should I be worried?

Can you post a picture? Usually they will remain upright and still swimming while giving birth.

Shes moving but barely

Attachments

• 1517768727098886567119.jpg
    1517768727098886567119.jpg
    859.2 KB · Views: 79
Tho she will move as iv just fed her an she was snapping away at food but retured back to that position

Attachments

• 20180204_180331.jpg
    20180204_180331.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 79
That fish is not healthy. Has she always had a deformity like that? Her tail is a bit frayed/torn too. When did she start laying on her side?

Btw that appears to be a guppy from the angles the pictures were taken from.

Thats the very reason i purchased her she was in a shop not looking particularly healthy so i brought her home she has only just started laying on her side as far as im aware she has always had the deformety tho i was told it is since shes been pregnant an she is definetly a platy

Either way, no fish should behave like then even if they are full of fry. The deformity is likely the cause of her laying on her side. If she happens to drop fry theirs a good change some may have a similar deformity, in which case you should either keep for yourself or cull.

Unfortunately she died this morning from being egg bound so thank you for your help

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back