Heater Postioning

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tanked

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Where is the best place to position my submersible heater? I have a Proquatics 300 watt and it is currenty horizontal in the tank in the middle Left to right, sitting right above the bubble wand for good water flow past it. is this good? or should I put it to 1 side?

I keep most of my heaters horizontal and low in the tank. This way you don't have to unplug one during a water change, which can be disasterous, if you forget to plug it back in. -_-

Harmonic said:
I keep most of my heaters horizontal and low in the tank. This way you don't have to unplug one during a water change, which can be disasterous, if you forget to plug it back in. -_-
VERY good way of doing it, and in placing the heaters this way, they are less of an eye sore.

wow,

I actually did something right on the initial setup. I really need to again say thank you to all of the people here who have helped me get things straight in the tank.

I had the same problem. But what i found is that if i kept the heater vertical it took longer to heat up the water than horizontal. But when the water is up to temp, the i could put it back to vertical. Reason why i didnt want to keep it low and horizontal is that i've got piled up rocks. And with the plecos and loach zooming around, a rock could easily be knocked and drop and crack the heater!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back