Heater for 10 gallon?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SweetTart

Reaction score
At the moment my tank's temperature has stayed pretty stable around 78-80 degrees for about a month. The only heater I currently own was for my 3.5 gallon tank.

I don't think I need a heater right away as the temperature is staying in a good range for a betta, but I know I may need one in the colder months.

What heater would you guys recommend for a 10 gallon tank?

The Eheim Jager heaters are reliable. There are probably other brands too, but I now rely on this one. For a 10g, I would get a 75w. I have a 100w in my 10 gallon.

Higher wattage heaters tend to be more reliable; I don't know how many 50w heaters failed me, but I have never had a 100w, 150w or 200w heater fail, and they've been running for 20 years now.

It depends on where you live and how warm your house is. You might not need a heater at all in some places, yet other areas might need a heater all year round.

I generally go for a 100 watt heater for small tanks. They cost about the same as a 50 watt heaters but seem to longer. Byron mentioned the same thing. I guess it has to do with the smaller heating element (or something) the low wattage heaters have. Plus you might be able to use a 100 watt heater on a bigger tank if you ever upgrade. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back