Healthy diet for my fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Daniela

Reaction score
Hi my name is Daniela,:)
I'm from Sydney... But Im Italian, so please excuse my horrible English!! ;)
I just join this forum!:fish:
I'd like to introduce more food variety to my fish! Like:
- livefood
- vegetable and fruit
Can anyone give me some suggestions?
Thanks

Welcome, Daniela!

What kind of fish do you keep? That will determine the types of food you can use. What is the size of your aquarium?

Welcome, Daniela!

What kind of fish do you keep? That will determine the types of food you can use. What is the size of your aquarium?
Thanks docpark!!!
At the moment I have:
12 neon
1 blue gourami
1 German Ram
1 pleco
1 rasbora harlequin
the last 2 are survivors. For a year I couldnt look after the aquarium because I was injured.
Also about vegetables... they has to be soft,(boiled) or hard,(raw)?
my aquarium is 100L.

o_O OMG!!! I GOT SO MANY QUESTION TO ASK!!!! ????

Thanks docpark!!!
At the moment I have:
12 neon
1 blue gourami
1 German Ram
1 pleco
1 rasbora harlequin
the last 2 are survivors. For a year I couldnt look after the aquarium because I was injured.
Also about vegetables... they has to be soft,(boiled) or hard,(raw)?
my aquarium is 100L.

o_O OMG!!! I GOT SO MANY QUESTION TO ASK!!!! ????
Thanks, Daniela. For your neons, gourami, ram, and rasbora, I would recommend brine shrimp (either live or frozen) as an addition one a week to their diet. You can raise your own brine shrimp, and some aquarium shops also sell them. The frozen form is very easy, and is nutritious for fish as well.

For your pleco, yes you can supplement the diet once a week or so with either raw or blanched zucchini or cucumber. I would try each (raw or blanched) to see which your pleco prefers. You will have to secure the slice of vegetable to the bottom, or near the bottom, of your aquarium.

A list of vegetables and fruit that are popular with most plecs.

Zucchini/Courgette
Cucumber
Peas (deshelled)
Sweet Potato
Green Beans
Melon/Melon rind

Aubergine/Egg plant
Avocado
Broad Beans
Broccoli/Stalk
Butternut Squash+ other squash
Capsicum/Bell pepper(not the hot ones)
Cauliflower/Stalk
Carrot
Coconut
Grapes
Kale/Collard Greens
Kiwi Fruit
Lettuce
Lima Beans
Mango
Mushroom (common plecs and goldspots love mushroom)let it float,they will reach it.
Papaya
Potato
Pumpkin
Spinach
Sprouts
Swede
Tomato
Yam

Thanks, Daniela. For your neons, gourami, ram, and rasbora, I would recommend brine shrimp (either live or frozen) as an addition one a week to their diet. You can raise your own brine shrimp, and some aquarium shops also sell them. The frozen form is very easy, and is nutritious for fish as well.

For your pleco, yes you can supplement the diet once a week or so with either raw or blanched zucchini or cucumber. I would try each (raw or blanched) to see which your pleco prefers. You will have to secure the slice of vegetable to the bottom, or near the bottom, of your aquarium.

Hello docpark!:thumbs:
today I've called the shop were I purchase my dwarf Ram and Gourami to ask about the right diet, well... the guy told me that they feed them with bloodworms, brine shrimps, kriil, ect... so he suggest me to feed all my fish with different type of live or frozen food and some vegetable as well and flakes! I'm going to get some frozen food and try... let see what they like!!
I cant wait!!! About live brine shrimp I might need a little tank to keep them alive... but for now i'm going to use the frozen one!
I will post daily or weekly report.
Thanks for your help!!

A list of vegetables and fruit that are popular with most plecs.

Zucchini/Courgette
Cucumber
Peas (deshelled)
Sweet Potato
Green Beans
Melon/Melon rind

Aubergine/Egg plant
Avocado
Broad Beans
Broccoli/Stalk
Butternut Squash+ other squash
Capsicum/Bell pepper(not the hot ones)
Cauliflower/Stalk
Carrot
Coconut
Grapes
Kale/Collard Greens
Kiwi Fruit
Lettuce
Lima Beans
Mango
Mushroom (common plecs and goldspots love mushroom)let it float,they will reach it.
Papaya
Potato
Pumpkin
Spinach
Sprouts
Swede
Tomato
Yam

:thanks:
Hi NickAu!... is Au for Australia?
thank you very much for this amaizing list!... I never feed my Pleco (I think its a girl... so i called her ChaCha!), with real food!... I'm going to try tomorrow!! I'll try with cucumber!!
I'm so excited!!!!:kana:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back