Head to Head Comparison

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LesGerber

Fish Addict
Reaction score
While I was buzzing around the auctions today I noticed an auction for a VIA AQUA 750 CANISTER FILTER. When I took a closer look the seller claimed that it was better then the FLUVAL404. Looking around more I find that it is supposed to be a pretty good system for less money.
My question is this. Is it actually better that the FLUVAL????? Here is what I have found.

VIA AQUA 750 CANISTER FILTER
The Via Aqua filtration system is made with only the highest quality parts and materials insuring a perfect canister filter. Via Aqua Modular canister filter is made with 4 heavy-duty clips which works with the built in gasket and recessed lid handles making the pump lid easy to remove. Via Aqua's new filter media containers with retractable handles simplify setup and cleaning of the filter media. These media containers are designed to allow maximum filtering capacity. Via Aqua professional media containers allow versatility in the setup on mechanical, chemical, biological or resin filtering media. Integrated onto the pump lid are tubing tap connectors which combine shut-off valves, hose connectors and quick disconnect unions which are incorporated into a perfect single unit.

Fluval Canister Filters Model404
Fluval Canister Filters allow you to achieve maximum efficiency in multi-stage (biological, chemical and mechanical) filtration using a variety of filter media. The design of the filter divides the media into easily accessible "baskets" which allow you to adjust their types and proportion as needed to achieve the desired results. Includes all necessary components as well as "starter" portions of activated carbon media, BioMax filter media, designed to host large colonies of beneficial bacteria, and Fluval Foam Blocks to mechanically filter particulate waste. Additional filter media also available

Maybe there are a few out there that know something about both of them of maybe we can get some that have used one or the other. They are both rated for over 300 g/p/h and that both have the connectors to make it easier on you. Bu tin my opinion all the ease isnt worth it if it doesnt work

Hope to hear alot of you sound off on this

TIA

Les

I have no experience with the Via model, but do own two separate Fluval models. I own the 304 and a 404 Fluval. You just have to watch which version of both that are still out in stores. The main visual differences are the hose colors and the shut off valves. The older versions have clear dark flexible hoses while the newer versions have grey coragated/ribbed tubing. The older versions again have no quick disconnects as the newer versions do. I made the mistake and bought one of the older versions and quickly took it back to the store.

I do know that the cheapest place to get the 404 Fluvals right now is at Dr Fosters and Smith for around $94.00. I dont know whether I should have posted this. I am in no way affiliated with Fluval or Dr Fosters.

I am pleased with the ease of use of this unit. Its easy to clean!!!!!! :D I guess air priming the canister would be the most difficult part, but after you did it once from then on out its no big deal. I do question the canisters circulation. From the design, most of the particles in the canister stay in the certain areas of the sponges or the bottom of the filter media and require cleaning at least twice a month.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back