Having Fun With Pet Shop Guppy Colours

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

right now i have two pregnant hakf black guppies with a cobra male! the father has since passed:( but i will see what comes out of the brood! 

fish48 said:
lol
I am crossing this one with a half  black not so much for the colour as it may be carrying the ribbon fin gene,
IMG_0190.jpg

He's a beautiful boy! Good luck!
lefty07603 said:
right now i have two pregnant hakf black guppies with a cobra male! the father has since passed:( but i will see what comes out of the brood! 

It's so exciting to see what the babies turn out like! Judging by your pic you put up, your female looks like she still has at least 2-3 weeks left. I could be wrong though, mines has been a swimming cube for a week! 

IMG_0149-1.jpg

Another pet shop strain,  midnight blue guppy } in the flesh  the colour is stunning 

He's gorgeous! I love the dark blue colouring from pet shops. It flips to purple in some light it's beautiful!

with out  a matched female it will be difficult to fix the strain I am going start by crossing it with a half black blue lol ,

fish48 said:
I let them flock breed when I wont to experiment I keep the females in a separate tank . any deformed fry should be culled. The guppy’s with not so good colours sell .ok.

attachicon.gif
IMG_9290.JPG

got this nice looking double sword from a pet shop. kept it with this bottom sword guppy for the passed 6 months to clear female/fry from other male, so did not save any fry until a few days ago she had 30 fry i hope to get some double swords from this brood
well I never saved any fry from that brood,/broods until  recently only 2 males out of 8 this is the result 
 bottom swords they still have a lot of growing to do. I have another brood of about 30 fry may be there is some double swords
among them, I will cross the double sword back to one of he's daughters if it's still possible he may be he is old now,
once the one below is fully grown I may cross it back with one of it's sisters too see what turns out, it's going to take
  a long time to fix a perfect strain

bsword-Copy.jpg

fish48 said:
IMG_0149-1.jpg

Another pet shop strain,  midnight blue guppy } in the flesh  the colour is stunning 

IMG_0527640x479-Copy.jpg

this female is about as close a match to the male that I could find in any pet shop
  it will be interesting to see how the fry turn out

I really want to get some guppies and just throw them in with my mollies once I get a bigger tank and see what happens 
tongue2.gif

guppies and mollies will happily live together many people seem to think that they will crossbreed. chances of this happening is very slim.

fish48 said:

IMG_0149-1.jpg

IMG_0527640x479-Copy.jpg

this female is about as close a match to the male that I could find in any pet shop
  it will be interesting to see how the fry
a few weeks ago had a brood of fry most got ate, yesterday she had a brood of 21 this time I decided to remove fry to another tank.
I hope they turn out a nice looking

fish48 said:

IMG_0149-1.jpg

IMG_0527640x479-Copy.jpg

it will be interesting to see how the fry
a few weeks ago had a brood of fry most got ate, yesterday she had a brood of 21 this time I decided to remove fry to another tank.
I hope they turn out a nice looking

I wonder what would happen if you threw in a few lyre tail genes.

I think guppies are cool.

some will have lyre tails, the rest mixed colours and many of the tail and fin shapes may not turn out good .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back