Having Fun With Pet Shop Guppy Colours

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
IMG_0480.JPGIMG_0709.JPG

pet shop guppies crossed half black male with red tail female guppy

IMG_1981.JPGIMG_2030.JPG

above yuong from the cross out of the 10 fry i kept 3 half black females + 7 males all of very similar colour.
this pair of guppies are 7 months old the females have been kept separate from males. soon yhey will have there first ever brood. well i just got to wait and see what the fry turn out like.

It is fun to play with common LFS guppy colors Fish48. My whole guppy colony is based on allowing a new color male into an existing colony now and then just to see what I get. They do show an amazing variation with very few new introductions. The adults get sold off at club auctions as generic AOC guppies and the fry are allowed to develop and show their stuff. For some reason these mutts are always in demand at club auctions where I know people are very aware of the value of various fish. One of my more successful introductions that did wonders for the colony colors was a half decent spanish dancer type male.

i to have no problem selling them at auctions. another one of my crosses

Attachments

• IMG_3678.JPG
    IMG_3678.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 357
im thinking of doing this soon selling all my fish atm and just putting guppies in :p

i like keeping wild livebearers but always find space for guppys i try not to keep more than 6 tanks of them once whent up to 12 different typs of guppys lol

yeah well done mate. i have fry from a black dragon and an orange guppy just like yours in my fry tank if the males come out half as decent as yours did i'll be a happy bunny. i'm hoping to cross a flametail female with a cobra male to see what i get.

one of my favourites is this white guppy/ got them from a friend about 2 years ago
did have some frowbacks to start with weeded them out and now have them breeding true

Attachments

• IMG_8272.JPG
    IMG_8272.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 327
Holy crap those fish are amazing, nice work!

-Betta989 :hyper:

Those are awesome fish! i have 2 LFS's that sell guppies. One only sells fancy and they don't separate genders. The other sells blue, yellow, red, red gold tuxedo, sunset, and fancy. I wonder what would happen if you crossed a blue and a yellow. Green guppy?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back