Have You Introduced Anyone

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

death

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have intoduced my dad to fish keeping as when he seen my tanks he was intrested in fish keeping so as a starter i gave him my 3ft 20 gallon tank and that was 6 weeks ago and now hes hooked lol hes now looking at a bigger tank

ps i did give him a few tips and advice of what i have learned on too

yeah i got my brother into it about 6 months ago
he's now got 2 tanks, and pondering a 3rd!
i have 4 tanks, he's catching up!

i got my best mate into fish keeping,my girlfriend thinks he's my stalker because he went out and bought all the exact same stuff.
tank,fish,filters. :lol:

i got my cousins into it and they now have a tank each.
and i got a family friend into it and he is now planning to keep a mudskipper

I showed a very rich friend of mine my 125-gallon planted tank and he told his dad about it so his dad went out and bought a 350-gallon reef tank that they have professionally maintained twice a week. It kinda ruins the idea of fishkeeping when you don't actually do anything with the tank. They had a company establish and set it up for them. They spent well over $2,000 on it as the tank is bowfront and they have every type of filtration you could think of.

I got my friend into it. I was getting a new fish for my tank and she was with me and she disided to get a fish tank. And she still has it and its doing great. But some of my other friends think i'm crazy. :D

I showed a very rich friend of mine my 125-gallon planted tank and he told his dad about it so his dad went out and bought a 350-gallon reef tank that they have professionally maintained twice a week. It kinda ruins the idea of fishkeeping when you don't actually do anything with the tank. They had a company establish and set it up for them. They spent well over $2,000 on it as the tank is bowfront and they have every type of filtration you could think of.

Oh, I would love that. You get to enjoy fish, but you only have to stick your hand in for matinence when you want to! But I wouldn't be surprised if they spent 2 times the figure you mentioned above. Usually 180G pre-drilled tanks run for about $1800.

Edit: Oh yeah.. I got my cousin into it (He's got a 10G and a 5G) and one of my best friends(She's got a 10G, and supposedly her uncle has a larger tank).

I kinda got my little brother into it, but he mainly justs likes snails, shrimp and triops. He stole my 5gal too
dry.gif
. Other than that, not at all. My freinds all think im crazy :rolleyes: .

I like to think I got my boyfriend into it- when we met I had a Betta in a bowl (I KNOW! I've repented!) who eventually passed away. When that happened, to make me feel better, he took me to the LFS to get a new one. That didn't happen- there was a huge sale on tanks so we ended up getting a 5g, which has somehow multiplied (those tanks breed like rabbits!)

I know what you mean! When my mom finally said yes to a betta we went to the local lfs and ended up getting a 10 gallon tank! We got a betta and three cherry barbs. And after that I was hooked! :D

what's the point? That's not fishKEEPING

anyway I introduced my friend ChrisC (as you know him) to it and he is soooo obsessed, and now quite poor :lol:

the boyfriend's an ex landscaper so to introduce him to fish i've been sending him really nice pictures of planted aquariums and it seems to be working. He even wants a pond now :lol:

Most reactions

Back