Has my betta been stained by IAL?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Grod1025

Reaction score
Hello,
First time post:
I have a white and blue betta (from Petco) that I've had for about 3 months. One day he shredded his own tail for no apparent reason. There were bits of tail floating everywhere! To help avoid fin rot, I added 2 small IAL to his water and changed about 25-30% of his water daily for the first 2 weeks. Shortly after adding the IAL, i noticed that his fins were looking a beige/peach shade and not white like they used to. His tail is much better now, but no longer white. Can IAL do this, or does the tail look discolored because of the water? I am adding pics...first one is after Some new tail growth; 2nd one is how he originally looked; last one is after the tail biting

Attachments

• IMG_2016.JPG
    IMG_2016.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1755.JPG
    IMG_1755.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1931.JPG
    IMG_1931.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
Firstly, what a gorgeous boy :drool: I don't think the ial would have stained him brown, looking at the pics he does appear to have natural mustard colouring to begin with so I would say as he has matured this has just become more intense, what a lovely find, he is beautiful.

Thank you! He is beautiful...but so mean! I guess the color doesn't matter if he continues to regrow his fins.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back