Has Anyone Visited The Amazon?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
The only reason I ask is the mrs is asking where I;d like to go for my 40th. I;m takeing her to New York in Sept this yr for hers. Mines 5 years off however its probably the place I;d most like to visit on earth simply as I love watching any tv programmes on it etc

Can you visit it as a holiday spot but get a slight feel for the jungle as well? My wifes not a trekker so it would have to take account of her love of hotels as well

Simon

interesting idea, but not sure how accessible it is without lots of hiking and canoeing. i think it may be the red sea for me for my 50th in a couple of years, already got a scuba taster session waiting for me. but i did a quick search and found this
http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai=CIX68wpk8TZCnHcG_hAf75dTgCNvZ_nHvzsL-DIr6uwoIABABUKiqk44EYLv-oIPQCqAB6MC8_wPIAQGqBB9P0BzdEhgJmCYUn6UXunR4_awLhZGvKspCtsOe8FUHugUTCK-8vYmf0aYCFRQZ4QodUEumosoFAA&ei=wpk8Ta_TG5SyhAfQlpmVCg&sig=AGiWqtzemfGCpDdZ3uwyaGmpvIRHLtnMuA&adurl=http://www.gapadventures.com/marine/amazon-river-cruises/ hope it helps

I would love to go to the Amazon one day :) From what I understand there are quite a lot of places that do tours out to the fish farms. Im trying my hardest to remember but one of the extreme fishing programs was just in the Amazon a few weeks ago and he was staying in a resort either in the Belum region or in Manaous (spelling) and he was pretty much on the edge of the river and there were tons of comercial fishermen unloading their catches for sale - ie edible fish - but still in there were just hundreds and hundreds of the fish we keep, common plecs were just stuffed in barrels.

One thing to make sure you have when you go though all your documents for importing fish back to the UK and an empty tank waiting for you when you get back :D

Wills

cheers chaps
Its just a thought at minute but just been having a good read on line and cheers daysofspeed just checked that one out. A lot of the cruises seem to be peru but I;d liketo goto Brazil

I have the feelingit would be more my thing than the wifes!! :crazy:

wish i could go, there are a lot of fishing trips over there. So much diversity it'd be great./ rather go there instead of somehwere like the great barrier reef.

I;m with your there Ben

It seems everything I love comes from there and the mrs picked up onthat by suggesting shed take me there for 40th!! I love south american snakes fish animals etc and watch anything thats on the tv bout the place. I may leave her behind and take my son or somethig lol

roflmao....... i'm sure that would go down well, my only concern about going would be seeing how they actually capture our fish, might be a bit off putting, that's apart from those bloody fish that swim up your willy of course :shout: i would love to get off into the rainforest tho

my dream holiday destination . if i remember rightly im sure you can actually take a boat up the amazon . ps when you go be sure to bring me back some nice wild discus :hey:

ha ha they;d get damaged from all the rare L numbers I bring back. About 20 Blue eyed plecs at£500 a pop or whatever they are should do it!!

good call! only time ive ever seen 1 for sale it was going for £1200 :hyper:

I once had one and it cost me £12. Its when I was 16 andI sold it when I went to Uni 2 years late. A beautiful fish it was aboput 7 inch. I;m nearly 35 now so many moons ago!

apparently they are pretty rare in the hobby , which i guess explains the premium price they command .

we could make it a lads holiday! :lol:

certainly got ibiza beat :lol: can just imagine the cnversation with the missus. im just going fishing with the boys , oh really where you going? oh the amazon basin :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back