What's new

Hardy Tetras?

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰
Down to three now! :sad: Not going to buy anymore, i thought i was onto a winner with them, but they are shocking. I knew i should have bought 4 Harlequins to go with the 5 from you... :sly:

Don't get me wrong the tetra look great! If you can keep them :angry:!

But the Harlequins have my vote, I've NEVER had a problem with them and I've kept loads :good:. I'd bin the tetra plan and get some Harlequins, I'll give you five to go with them ;) mine are fully grown.

I'll take them with some Vallis and Cichlid Fry :blush: :good:

I'm also working this weekend now as you were anyway so thought I'd work for the extra cash. Do you have any days off during the week?

Down to three now! :sad: Not going to buy anymore, i thought i was onto a winner with them, but they are shocking. I knew i should have bought 4 Harlequins to go with the 5 from you... :sly:

I'm sorry this is happening to you, very frustrating! I do think you're giving up too soon on having Cardinals though. It is entirely up to you but imo they are not difficult to keep. The problem is finding good stock. If you can find good stock and your water params are good there is no reason why a person shouldn't be able to keep them successfully. If you want Cardinals, you may want to try a different store or order them online. Sorry for your losses.

I'll take them with some Vallis and Cichlid Fry :blush: :good:

I'm also working this weekend now as you were anyway so thought I'd work for the extra cash. Do you have any days off during the week?

Lol... anything else? :p no days off in the week but can do most evenings.

I'm sorry this is happening to you, very frustrating! I do think you're giving up too soon on having Cardinals though. It is entirely up to you but imo they are not difficult to keep. The problem is finding good stock. If you can find good stock and your water params are good there is no reason why a person shouldn't be able to keep them successfully. If you want Cardinals, you may want to try a different store or order them online. Sorry for your losses.

Yeah I know what you mean, but I cant afford to splash out another £10 on them just for them to be dead in the morning. I could try wharf aquatics I guess...

I understand completely. I'm at the end of my rope trying to keep Rams. Bad luck with keeping males and have lost 2 now for no apparent reason. I'm taking a break from them and will revisit it when I'm not so peeved, lol.

Good luck with whatever fish you decide to get :good:

Sounds like you may have had a case of Neon disease (can effect many varieties of fish, but apparently most common in neons/tetras).

My LFS supplied 10 neons for my new hall tank a few years ago and within 24 hours they had all died, symptoms appeared to point to this disease.

From what I read, the only treatment for this is separation or euthenaise.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself - as long as your water quality is fine and you bought from a good breeder/LFS then you did all you could. These things happen sadly.

I know a few people who have a small tank setup to keep new fish before moving them into their main tank, either that (which is quite extreme) or limit yourself for only a couple of fish at a time.

I'm no expert but that was my experience and has worked for me since losing those neons.

Off to buy some more neons today so will be restrained and only buy a few (this week!)

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think it could affect Cardinals though?

Good luck with your new ones!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back