What's new

Hap tank clean up crew

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Tetramad

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Need a clean up crew for my Hap tank. At the moment I have 2 Synodontis Ocellifer but I need something for the algae etc. Would bristle nose be OK in the hard alkali water?

Thanks, Mark.

Should be fine unless your Ph is really high, what is tour Ph currently?

No problem then, thats fine.

lets just say theoretically that he would need something else as a "clean up crew", what would the options be, besides what he has now? ( i am looking for me too ! )

vantgE said:
What are you asking he you really shouldn't need a cleanup crew thats more of a reef thingy
vantgE,

I am guessing he means more in the way of algae eaters or other bottom dwellers to clear up the food scraps -_- .

steve

any besides syn. ?
and you cant add pleco's ?

im sorry i am about to make my cichlid tank and i cant just have cichlids, i know its a cichlid tank, but i want something else in there ! loach, pleco, shark, catfish, something odd ~

freshcichlid said:
any besides syn. ?
and you cant add pleco's ?

im sorry i am about to make my cichlid tank and i cant just have cichlids, i know its a cichlid tank, but i want something else in there ! loach, pleco, shark, catfish, something odd ~
I've got 3 Pim Pictus in with my Malawis (see my recent post in the members pictures section).
Never see them eat but they are growing really fast and turning in to fat little buggers!!

My guess is they are tidying up what the Malawis leave behind :nod: .

steve

Yeah, clean up crew is a marine phrase but you know what I meant!! I have 2 Synodontis Ocellifer at the mo, but like I said I need sumut for the algae ie. bristle noses. By the way any one kept Ocellifer before? are they unusual as I`ve not seen them anywhere else?

Chill,

Mark.

synodontis Ocilifer would be good I haven't seen them in life before, but people have em on here,

And as I said plecos work most of the time

I did know what you meant wanted to stress that it is unecesary and useless

Get fish you like and do your own maintenace

i have no problem doing my own clean up crew, i just want something else besides cichlids in my tank, just getting ideas of other things to get

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back