Gymnothorax Tile

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kewskills

PM me if you want anything.
Reaction score
Well finally got a Gymnothorax Tile, has his own tank set up at 1.005 at the moment (same as LFS) shall be increasing that to 1.010+ over the next few weeks, he is quite small at the moment but is very beautiful, he has already decided he likes little strips of mussels.
Actually wanted 3 but the other ones in at the LFS were much larger and this little one was banished to another part of the tank all by himself :(

Any way he seems happy so far, i love him already :)

Great fish these Kewskills

I've had mine at 1.016 for about 8 months with the toadfish they live with, they seem happy enough and eat like crazy when I feed them. I've never tried mussel strips but they love lancefish and gul down whole fish quite easily.

I've got two and theres never been any aggression between the two or to the toads . Its in fact the toads who have a snap at the morays everynow and then if they get in their way!!

enjoy

Thanks guys photos will follow i can assure you :)

My little guy is way too small for whole fish yet, but i will be trying him on a multitude of different foods to see what he likes.

Hey. Eels are fun and interesting pets ;) I have 2 myself, a tile like you have and a snowflake eel, both living in SW conditions at SG 1.021.

A great meal idea that is fairly cheap is cocktail shrimp(yes the kind humans eat). It is a rather expensive food for humans, however, since the fish eat so little, an $8 pack lasts quite a while. I find not only my eels but my fish like these also. (cut up the shrimp in to about 1cm pieces, maybe even smaller)

When your eel gets bigger he will be able to eat live crayfish!

check out this pick from my old tank with my tile eating a crayfish :)

<a href="http://www.tabsite.net/fish/DSC_0228.JPG" target="_blank">http://www.tabsite.net/fish/DSC_0228.JPG</a>

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back