guppys being bullied and dying

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sounds like both tanks are seriously overstocked. I suggest to research proper stocking of fish.

Im not a ghost knife expert not sure if there even ok to be kept together. I do know probably need a 75 at least for one some you need a tank larger than a 100g for a pair plus the others mentioned imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
the tank can hold 40 fish

Sounds like both tanks are seriously overstocked. I suggest to research proper stocking of fish.

Im not a ghost knife expert not sure if there even ok to be kept together. I do know probably need a 75 at least for one some you need a tank larger than a 100g for a pair plus the others mentioned imo.

dude they are small and the tank is like 130L so I wanted to ask if u were a profesinal

Thats a 35g tank. Research ghost knife tank needs

No im not a professional. Nor are most here. Was only trying to help.

You cant just put a number of fish to a particular tank based on gallons. There's a lot more to proper stocking. Good luck.

Last edited:
A BGK will grow to about 2 foot in length and it needs a big tank.

This is how big they get

Thats a 35g tank. Research ghost knife tank needs

No im not a professional. Nor are most here. Was only trying to help.

You cant just put a number of fish to a particular tank based on gallons. There's a lot more to proper stocking. Good luck.
a professional told us it was ok

Just because someone works in the field, doesn't mean they're always going to be right. A lot of old-fashioned advice that has been disproved or revised in recent years is still doing the rounds in some aquarium circles.

Best practice dictates that fish should, almost from the very start, only be kept in tanks that are suitable for that species of fish for it's entire lifespan. Fish in tanks that are too small suffer numerous health issues, including physical deformities, pathological behaviours and a significantly shortened lifespan.

It is true that you cannot stock, properly, any tank just from numbers of fish and volume of tank. There are many, many other factors that must be taken into account, if the fish are to live 'happy' (as far as well can tell) and healthy lives.

Just because someone works in the field, doesn't mean they're always going to be right. A lot of old-fashioned advice that has been disproved or revised in recent years is still doing the rounds in some aquarium circles.

Best practice dictates that fish should, almost from the very start, only be kept in tanks that are suitable for that species of fish for it's entire lifespan. Fish in tanks that are too small suffer numerous health issues, including physical deformities, pathological behaviours and a significantly shortened lifespan.

It is true that you cannot stock, properly, any tank just from numbers of fish and volume of tank. There are many, many other factors that must be taken into account, if the fish are to live 'happy' (as far as well can tell) and healthy lives.
I am sorry if I got passive agressive with you but we might move of my tetra into another tank with tetra and see how the fish are and if they get sick instead of putting fish i will put shrimp could you tell me how many i can have so don' make the same mistake

Most reactions

trending

Back