What's new

Guppy with shredded tail

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Jade.T107

Reaction score
Somebody please help me I’ve had 2 guppies die and have shredded tails (my other 4 have badly shredded tails too) I treated fin rot and did a water change etc it’s still happening I think the guppies may be hurting each other as in my tank I have 4 guppies 2 adf frogs 2 ghost shrimp and two small nerite snails all of these guys are super docle and I know it wasn’t the shrimp because I just got them (after one guppy died) I have no idea what’s happening to my fish any suggestions greatly appreciated ❤️ I do water changes as needed with special buckets and clean everything thoroughly I’m gonna bring some water into the store to test but I don’t thing waters the issue...I really don’t wanna get rid of any of my fish.... Thank you for your time!

Post pictures of the fish so we can clearly see the fish and damaged fins?

How long has the tank been set up for?
How often do you do water changes and how much water do you change?
Do you dechlorinate the tap water before adding it to the tank?

Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
Do you have buckets specifically for the fish or do you use any bucket around the house?

Check the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and general hardness (GH). Post the results in numbers.

----------------------
What did you use to treat the Fin Rot?
Fin Rot is caused by poor water quality that damages the fins and allows bacteria to get into the damaged tissue and make the fish sick.

Doing a 75% water change and gravel cleaning the substrate each day for a week normally fixes the problem without the need for chemicals/ medications.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks.

I’ll be sure to take some pictures,tanks been set up for a while now the guppies are new like maybe 1 monthish, I do water changes as needed and I’m always sure to declorinate I always clean the gravel an and use specific beckets. I will check the water soon (I need strips) and I treated fonrot with pimafix and changed the filter...

I do water changes as needed
More detail please, How much water do you change how often?

As a minimum you should be doing around 75% a week.

I do it every two weeks (I have a 10 gallon) I’ll definitely start doing more water changes!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back