Guppy With A Bubble On His Tail Please Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kiwitheguppy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm so worried about my guppy. He has a bubble on his tail, looks something like blisters that humans get. It looks like a clear color. Recently his tail has been changing colors from yellow to orange. One side of it looks indented while there's a bubble on the other side.

I had him for about ten months now, changed the water and filter last week... He's always been fine. I'm not sure what's wrong with him. Any help would be extremely appreciated because he means a lot to me. Thanks...

Here are some snapshots.

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

Size of tank in gallons or litres.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.

Can you issolate the fish and use a bacterial med.
Does the bubble move.
Is he struggling to stay balanced.

He's in pretty bad shape with his tail fin.

Size of tank in gallons or litres.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.

Can you issolate the fish and use a bacterial med.
Does the bubble move.
Is he struggling to stay balanced.

He's in pretty bad shape with his tail fin.

The bubble disappeared within a few hours of the post I made yesterday. He seems to be fine now although his tail still looks strange and that tiny piece of "something" is still dangling around on the very end of his tail (a tiny dot of orange as can be seen in the pictures). He also hasn't been swimming around as much as he used to, swims balanced but stays on the bottom of the tank motionless more than yesterday.

Tank is about 3 gallons, only one fish, I'm not sure what you mean by which type... guppy? tropical fish? I don't know about water stats either...

It could be this?
http://www.petmd.com/fish/conditions/cardiovascular/c_fi_gas_bubble_disease
alternate site:
http://www.fishjunkies.com/Disorders/gas_bubble_disease.php

I would also guess he has some sort of fin rot going on.
Do his scales normally stick up like that? Looks a little like dropsy but I don't know if that's just how he looks.

Never noticed the scales was to busy looking at the tail fin.

Last stage of dropsy the scales will stick out or look raised.

I would use a bacterial med. But it's not sounding to hopeful.

Does it look like a strand of cotton coming from the tail fin. Make sure it's not a worm with a forked tail.

I don't think it's any of the above. None of the descriptions fit...

Now he's just lying on the bottom of the tank more and more, looking depressed. He even started refusing to eat. I feel so helpless, like I'm just watching him die without knowing what's wrong.

Have you added a bacterial med?

Most reactions

trending

Back