Guppy Seems To Have Been Pregnant For Ever, Squared Off For 3 Weeks.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

saffholly

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
One of my females has been pregnant since i bought her 6 or 7 weeks ago, she's rather fat and squared off, i can see eyes in her tummy but she has been like this for a couple weeks (extra fat and squared off), she's now in the breeding net but has been in there for 2 days and i'm worried she will get stressed if i keep her in any longer. I have other guppies that have been no way near as big and square as her that have given birth this week in the tank (didn't think they were close to giving birth) and sadly the fry were eaten (only rescued one) so would really like to catch these ones.

Will she ever give birth?

How long can i keep her in the breeder for? (i thought it was 2-3 days max).

Is it possable that she cant physicly give birth? (maybe something is wrong with her).

Some of them just take longer and have bigger spawns. She'll be fine in the breeder for another day or two.

Does she seem relatively calm in the breeder?

She seems fine in the breeder, doesn't look stressed and is still eating, if she gets any bigger she will look like a puffa fish :lol: hopefully it wont be much longer, i have people waiting to buy baby guppies but so far i havn't had much luck, it will be christmas by the time i have fry ready to sell. Have had more luck with mollys.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back