Guppy pregnancy

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Super Nova

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a very pregnant guppy, and she looks like sheā€™s about to pop any second.. however I also have a molly and two platies.. which are most likely to eat her fry as soon as they pop out.. so I put her in a breeding box in the tank as I donā€™t have a spare tank.. is this okay to do or will this stress her out to much?

i have bred many fish.....i never liked or used those breeding boxes....they stress fish out....a seperate tank is always best.....but you gotta do what you gotta do....
Sadly.. iā€™d love to operationalise my other tank, but itā€™s leaking so Itā€™s not really an option :/

I had a similar issue last week so I went out and bought a 5 gallon for about 10$. Allready had filter and heater. If You buy some quickstart by API you should be able to keep the fish in there and raise up the fry. I also recommend using water from your current tank to start the new.

I recently encountered the same problem, I went out yesterday and bought lots of plants for my tank and released my fry back into the community.
So far so good, they are fast enough to get away from the bigger fish given they have lots of hiding places they should do just fine.
I currently have 1 platy fry 5 weeks old, 1 guppy fry 4 weeks old and 6 guppy fry 2 days old.
Itā€™s brilliant to watch them in the community tank.

This is my emergency attempt at a planted aquarium so I could let my fry stay in the main tank, please donā€™t hate me i have no space for a bigger tank so I am doing the best I can for the space and fish I have and I hated to use a breeder net I felt so cruel.

Attachments

• 9DCEEB86-ECAF-4A99-BB9F-43A17990411B.jpeg
    9DCEEB86-ECAF-4A99-BB9F-43A17990411B.jpeg
    561 KB · Views: 176

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back